Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How We Met

I waited 31 years for God to give me the right man.  He is not perfect, but he is perfect for me!
 
Neither one of us were looking to date at all.  His brother and sister in law had been trying to set him up for almost a year when they set us up.  He always said "no."  I had been taking a self-imposed "year off" dating for health reasons.  It had only been 10 months when Mr. T's brother asked if I was ready to be set-up yet, because he had the "perfect guy."  Both of us know that if he had asked one day before or one day after, both Mr. T and I would have said no.  It was all because of God's timing that we agreed!

We talked on the phone for a couple weeks before we had our first date on May 8, 2009.  One of the best first dates ever!!!  We met at Bootleggers Old Town Tavern & Grill, a local steakhouse.  My first thought was "Wow! I can always wear heels (being a 5' 9" non-flat wearer myself). Mr. T is 6' 4"!

All I can say is that we closed the restaurant, went down the street and closed a local brewery, and finally called it a night at 12:30 a.m..  We only ended the date because I was doing the Race for the Cure the next morning (well really that morning); check-in was at 6:30 a.m.!

The rest is history!

No comments:

Post a Comment