Thursday, December 16, 2010

How many of you out there are addicted to wedding shows like I am?

Apparently I am voyeuristic, because my favorite shows are the ones that let me in all the details of a wedding.  It's almost like I'm a part of it!  Now that I'm engaged, my views have changed slightly from curiosity to "What would I do?" or "What do I like/not like about the wedding and reception."

Between the We TV and TLC channels I am a happy woman! :-)

Here are a few great ideas that I got from watching "my shows":

  1. Have a hosted signature cocktail that you and your future Mr. come up with together.  It is not only fun to make the selection, it will be memorable as well. 
  2. Personalization is key!  Make sure you include details that are special to you and your future Mr.  Walk up the aisle to a song you picked together, or name your tables after places that are meaningful to the two of you.
  3.  If you can't afford to rent a professional photo booth, make your own, using  a backdrop hung on a clothesline, cute props, and a digital camera.  Don't worry about having someone run it; your friends and family will be having so much fun that they won't mind picking up the camera! (PS for all you non-Apple junkies out there, Apple has a great "Photo Booth" application) 
  4. If you are not a crafty person, don't stress yourself out by relying too much on DIY projects.  There's nothing worse than having your fingers stuck together, glitter in places that it shouldn't be, and having a stress induced meltdown due to anything wedding related.
  5. Remember that it is your special day! Have fun!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment