Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pride Mountain Wine

Let's take a little break from all this planning, shall we?

I LOVE Pride Mountain wines.  I first heard of them on our local morning show, Rob, Arnie and Dawn.  Rob is a wine snob and liked them enough to tell the listeners that he and his wife are members of the winery.  He spoke highly enough of them that I decided to give them a try.

Pride Mountain Winery is located on 235 acres on Spring Mountain in St. Helena, CA. The Pride family owns and actively manages the winery and vineyards. It is a moderate sized winery, offering wines that consistently deliver.  They do offer tours, by appointment only.

Generally you cannot find Pride at your local Bevmo, although I have seen it there a couple times in the past.  The best thing to do is to join their wine club.  The club works differently than any other club I have ever been a member of.  Several times a year, they send you an email/mailing with the offerings.  You then get to pick if you want to order some, all or none of your allotment.

I signed up and was so excited to receive my first offering a short time later!  All I can say is WOW!  I have never opened a bottle and been disappointed.  My only disappointment ever, is that I did not order enough!

I will say that once again, my platinum tastes catch-up to me.  This is a special occasion wine for me; although I have a vague memory of buying a half a case  this last March ;-)

I hope you all get a chance to try a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment