Saturday, May 7, 2011


All I can say is wow!!!!  The day was amazing!  I will do my best to describe it:

We had a great rehearsal dinner the night before at Paul Martin's.  It was wonderful to catch up with our out of town visitors and to have a chance to relax before the big day.  I slept at the hotel the night before so that I would be able to get ready with my Mom.  We were still trying to do last min. things until about midnight.  I fell asleep, hard, until I woke up at 3:00 a.m.

There was NO way that I could fall back asleep; I was way too excited!

My wonderful hair and makeup artist Jennifer Gilchrist showed up at the hotel at 7:00 a.m. and got started! Both my Mom and I were so happy with the results!!! (See pics below).

My Matron of Honor and Flower Girl came to pick me up just before 9:00 a.m. and we were off to La Provence (minus my bridal undergarments; more on this later in "TIPS")!

The hour before the wedding flew by so quickly.  It seems like I blinked and almost missed it.  I got got to walk around the venue a bit before having to get dressed; what a blessing!  My day of coordinator Bekah was phenomenal!  I knew I wouldn't have to worry about anything while she was running the show!

Before I knew it, I was pinning corsages and boutonnieres, and getting ready to walk down the aisle.  The processional music started (thanks DJ Hustle!), and we took our places.  I could see the guys walking down to the ceremony site; then it was our turn.  My Matron of Honor started down, followed by my Flower Girl.  Then the music changed over to "When I Say I Do," my parents took my arms and we headed down.  I was literally doing everything I could to not cry.  Mr. T said that he could see me holding it in.  When I got about half way down the aisle I was able to see his face and I was fine; no more welling up! :-)

The ceremony was perfect.  Our pastor knows us very well, so it was extremely personalized.  At 10:40 a.m., Pastor Dwight pronounced us married!  We celebrated up the aisle to "Higher and Higher!"

The rest of the day really does go by VERY quickly.  It seemed like just minutes had gone by when we were cutting the cake, thanking everyone and saying goodbye!

Looking back, I can honestly say that it was the best day of my life (so far)!  I can't wait to continue my life as the MRS. T!!!

(Professional pics to follow)