Thursday, March 10, 2011

Photography Must Haves

I spoke with our photographer John Hoeft, of Hoeft Photo, yesterday, and he reminded me that we need to meet to go over my "shot list," or my "must haves" for our wedding photography.  That got me thinking (and researching) on what I really wanted.  My complete list is over 80 shots long; don't worry, I won't list it all here!

Here is my short list of shots that I really want.  What are the shots you are looking forward to your photographer capturing on  your big day?

  • Close-up of details (place settings, name cards, centerpieces, etc.)
  • Bride's dress on the hanger
  • Shoes shot: bride, bridesmaid, flower girl with shoes on, holding up the dresses
  • Close-up of groom's face when he sees bride for the first time
  • Close-up of each hand as the rings are exchanged
  • The kiss
  • Happy couple walking back down the aisle together, as married couple
  • Group shot of bride, groom, family and wedding party
  • Bride being lifted or carried by groom or sitting on groom's lap
  • Bride and groom's first dance
  • Best man (or other guests) making a toast to the couple
  • Guests dancing and cutting loose on the dance floor
  • Bride and groom whispering to each other
  • Bride and groom cutting the cake
  • Bride and groom in back seat of getaway car

3 comments:

  1. This is a really good list. In my head I'm just thinking, "get pictures of everything". I'm not looking forward to putting together my own list so I'm defintely stealing some of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just speaking from personal...professional experience. : ) Most of those shots should be "must haves" on your photographers mental checklist anyway! I just went to his site and poked around. Nice stuff! Does he have a wedding gallery I could see? (or did I just miss it... which is highly likely this morning) Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tara: His list is MUCH longer than mine :-) These shots are the ones that I really want.
    I'll send you the link to his engagement/wedding stuff!

    ReplyDelete