Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Soaring Over Maui

Can you imagine soaring through the valleys and along the coastline of Hawaii?  Perhaps hovering over a waterfall, all in a helicopter?

Before 2007 I would have told you that you were crazy to even suggest I get into helicopter, for anything, let alone for an aerial tour.  Then I took a cruise to Alaska.  There, I decided to put my fears aside and take an "once in a life time" tour that included flying over grasslands and glaciers.  The flight ultimately landed on a high elevation glacier, where we got to hike around before flying back to Skagway.

What an experience!  The overall experience was not what I was expecting.  It really felt as though we were floating, and then cutting through the air.  It was simply amazing! 

By taking the helicopter flight, I got to see places that I never would seen any other way.  The photos that I took from the air and on the glacier still "wow" me to this day!

We hope that we will get the chance to do a helicopter tour of the island during our honeymoon trip.  What better way to see the entire beauty of the island of Maui than by helicopter?

Hawaii Fun Planner Helicopter Tours

No comments:

Post a Comment