Saturday, February 19, 2011

Places I Have Been

I have been pretty lucky to have done some major trips in my short (cough) life.  While considering where to go on a honeymoon, I have been reflecting on some of my favorite places in the world.  I have visited Beijing, China, Bangkok, Thailand, Singapore, Malacca, Malaysia, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Cologne, Germany, Mexico, Canada, and all over the United States.  I have a favorite memory from each place.

In Beijing it was visiting a tea shop and doing a private tasting once they realized that we were serious buyers.  In Thailand it was bartering in the wholesale markets, the two hour Thai massages for $15 USD, and making friends with the owner of Reflections, the fun and funky hotel we stayed in. 

Cologne, Germany was amazing!  I climbed every one of the 509 steps up the cathedral tower to get a panoramic view of the city.  The trip to Amsterdam put me in contact with amazing artworks at the van Gogh and Reich Museums.

I have to say, I love to travel, and am looking forward to our first trip as husband and wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment